Natural Soft Food
This is a two step process, however, this can be completed while doing other things. This is a great, healthy, preservative free alternative to commercial soft food. Serve warm right off the stove which provides a great winter treat for any cat/dog. The recipe yields 4 cups, perfect for freezing for a later date. I make Freedom, my black lab, this recipe every Tuesday.
You will have to wash the lentils and the raw rice at least 3 times to make sure dirt from manufacturing and excess starch is removed.
½ C split Mung lentil beans
½ C rice (any type)
2 tbsp margarine
Muti-essential cat/dog vitamins
1. Take the mung and rice and place in pan of water. With hand, gently wash until water becomes “cloudy.” Drain water and repeat until water becomes clear.
2. Soak rice and beans in water over night.
3. The next day boil rice and beans and simmer for 40-45 minutes covered, stirring occasionally.
4. Add two tablespoons of margarine and mix until texture becomes smooth.
5. Serve warm with multi-essential vitamins, 1 drop for every 2 lbs in weight.